Based on the number of employees, Vodacom scooped an award for the best large organisation to work for, while SPARK School was recognised for the mid-sized and Mhlathuze Water honoured for the public sector. These organisations captivated the judges with their level of commitment to creating a productive and pleasurable workplace through innovative HR values.
Shirley Zinn, one of the judges mentioned “the quality of nominations was of a very high standard and the competition was tough. HR professionals in South Africa demonstrated innovative initiatives in putting people at the centre of business success. They continue to push the boundaries, then make the impossible possible. We salute the winners and trust that they will inspire continued excellence and high performance in this profession.”
“Speed, simplicity and trust are our core values, though HR is a pillar of our day to day business. This award is a manifestation and dedication of all our people,” Kwazi Macu, Reward and Benefit Senior Consultant, Vodacom.
SPARK Schools emphasise the core values of service, persistence, achievement, responsibility and kindness in and outside the classrooms by both the learners and employees (teachers). According to Ryan Harrison, Co-Founder and Director, SPARK Schools’ HR department is well resourced compared to other divisions as HR is a critical part in the organisation, which was previously neglected.
Over and above the best South African Employer of Choice within the public sector, Sibusiso Makhanya, CEO at Mhlathuze Water, won the South African HR Champion Award, which focuses on executives who have driven successful HR strategies from the top by putting people first and championing innovative HR values.
The Careers24 Future of HR Awards took place at the Premier Hotel, O.R Tambo, Johannesburg, on 23 July 2015. Hosted by Topco Media, in partnership with Careers24, these awards brought together industry leaders to celebrate excellence in the HR profession.
“We are very proud to be involved in an awards initiative that recognises the importance of the role of HR in good business practice,” says Marc Privett – Head of Careers24. “We at Careers24 believe very strongly in the power of innovation in the HR and recruitment sector and the entries we saw this year were very inspiring and, I believe, a good indicator of how the sector has grown.”
- South African Employer of Choice (>1000 employees) sponsored by Recruit Group: Vodacom (Pty) Ltd
- South African Employer of Choice (<1000 employees) sponsored by BizCommunity: Spark Schools
- South African Employer of Choice (Public Sector and NPO) sponsored by Careers24: Mhlathuze Water
- Best HR Strategic Plan: AfroCentric Health Limited
- Best Reward and Recognition Strategy: IQ Business
- Best HR Industry Innovation and Corporate Creativity: DELL
- Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy: Netcare
- Best Learning and Development Strategy: KPMG Services (Pty) Ltd
- Best Health and Wellbeing Strategy: AfroCentric Health Limited
- South African HR Team of the Year: Rand Water
- South African Hall of Fame Award (Lifetime Achievement Award): Italia Boninelli – AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- South African HR Director of the Year sponsored by Mercer Consulting: Clifford Klaas – Siemens (Pty) Ltd
- South African HR Manager of the Year sponsored by Careers24: Mandla Myeni – Mhlathuze Water
- South African HR Champion (CEO): Marius Muller – Pareto Limited
Visit https://futureofhr.co.za for more details about the Careers24 Future of HR Summit and Awards and join our social media platforms – LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/myGZj6 Twitter @Future_of_HR and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/futureofhr. Contact Rose Setshoge for more information about the winners: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0839979922
Established in 2005, Careers24.com is South Africa’s leading online career portal, listing thousands of jobs from a vast selection of recruiters and attracting over 1.6 million unique job seekers to the website monthly. Careers24 forms part of the Naspers Group which owns companies such as DSTV, MWEB and Media24. Jobs are therefore distributed across a network of leading sites including News24.com, MWEB and OLX.co.za.
More than just a recruitment portal, Careers24.com uses innovative tools and easy-to-use functionality to help both recruiters and candidates find the best match.
Find Careers24 at http://www.careers24.com, on Twitter @careers24jobs and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Careers24.
For more information and to post a job ad, simply email the Careers24 sales office at email@example.com or call 011 217 3035.
Topco Media is a leader in South African business-to-business communication. Its primary service and product offerings i.e. events, conferences and publishing, aim to reward, celebrate and advertise the best in South African business and government. Established in 1994, Topco has been profiling South African companies since the dawn of democracy in SA and its research into South African companies is broad and comprehensive and seeks to foster business competitiveness.